Thursday, January 01, 2009

Resolved: Make it Big

My New Year's Resolution this year is to finally create a must-have product that can be hocked by Billy Mays on ads that air in the middle of the night on cable channels in the 200s.

Sometimes resolutions are a stretch, but let's be honest here -- the bar for these sort of products is pretty low. We've got the ShamWow (nice headset, by the way), the Snuggie, and the downright frigthening PedEgg.

The best product idea I've come up with so far is a chute you can use to put potatoes into boiling water so you don't get splashed. But don't worry, I've got plenty more on the drawing board.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would definitely buy the PotatoChute or the "Don't-Splash-Me-With-Hot-Water-Mr-Potato" ... oh how many trips i've taken to the hospital after making mashed potatoes.

January 02, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ash (and her mom) received snuggies this year. Now she answers the phone while on the couch, stays warm while walking around, and creepily always looks like a monk.

January 02, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

In the last 20 minutes we have seen not one but two Billy Mays commercials. The Mend-It glue and the Slider Maker. I'm guessing that I'll see the potato chute in the next commercial break...

January 02, 2009  
Blogger sheissparkling said...

I prefer the ShamWow guy to Billy Mays. I believe his nname is Vince Offer.

January 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home