Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Let's hear it for the boy

The NaturalBlog is much derided for his taste in music. Even the phrase "taste in music" is up for debate, because many would say lack of taste.

I sum up my musical taste as a cross between black and white. As anyone with a worthless Master of Fine Arts can tell you, white is the absence of color, while black is all colors together. When it comes to music, I like everything (black), but indescriminately and with the absence of taste (white).

Need proof? I can pinpoint the moment I revealed my awful taste to different friends.

My college roommate knew when I used a Tower Records gift certificate to buy a Prince album.

A coworker lost all respect when I told him I couldn't name my favorite Dead song because I couldn't name a Dead song. "You whould be careful who you say that too. Some people take music really seriously," he said.

Then there was the time I accidentally said aloud that I wanted to buy the "Mellow Gold Hits of the '70s" album advertised on TV. That opened me up to about four years (and counting) of ridicule.

Bee Gees, Petula Clark, C+C Music Factory, Brian Adams. Yes, yes, yes, no, but the exception proves the rule.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jack McDoer said...

there's nothing wrong with prince.

January 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't white all colors and black the absence of color? (e.g., when you refract white light, you get a rainbow). At any rate, I hope that you were jesting about mellow gold...

January 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two words....Black Street. (or is that one word...now I'm not sure).

January 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mellow Gold. Mellow Gold? [snicker] Mellow Gold???? MELLOW GOLD?!?!?!?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lame.

February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home