Thursday, May 04, 2006

Guys Week: Manly men can still be cleanly men

Today on Guys Week on the NaturalBlog, brought to you by Levitra (Vardenafil HCI): Cleanliness.

Take it from me, a guy who washes his hands a lot: The marketing cabal that runs this nation has decided it's time for men to start using body wash instead of soap, so we've started seeing advertising to that effect.

We've got a new set of Dial ads, where a dude is serenaded in his house by an oompa-type band that tells him how men are taking back the bathroom with this body wash. Selling point: The bottle is kind of shaped like an oil can.

There's also a spot for Old Spice, where the guy is in the shower and his wife or girlfriend or sleepover buddy is asking him "If you weren't with me, which one of my friends would you want to be with. You can tell me. I won't get mad." The tagline on the ad is something like: Old Spice Body Wash -- don't you wish everything could be this easy?

Not bad, not bad at all.

I'm the target market for these ads, and I have to say I'm enjoying them. But the thing is, I'm still not going to buy body wash. What's an advertiser to do?

Tomrorow, NaturalBlog's Guys Week, brouht to you by Levitra (Vardenafil HCI) mercifully concludes with a tribute to Bruce Willis.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you make next week "Girls Week", in which you talk about all the girly things that you do but have trouble admitting? I'm imagining columns on watching bad reality TV (Dancing with the Stars) and reading the gossip mags wondering if Britney's really pregnant or not.

May 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe you at all, NB. In fact, I'd bet money that you not only use body wash, but that you use it with a poufy mesh thing.

May 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of all the indignities, a ‘Guys week’ with no discussion of naked movies? For shame, for shame.

May 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home