Thursday, September 07, 2006

Joe Maddon rocks

There's something about Tampa Bay Devil Rays manager Joe Maddon that I like, and it just may be the glasses.

It would take somebody pretty sure of himself to wear those kind of specs in a major leaguge clubhouse. But what sold me on Maddon was how he described the Red Sox 3-4 hitters David "Big Papi" Ortiz and Manny "Being Manny" Ramirez:
"Those guys. They're freaks. They are. If you throw a strike and they can reach it, they hit it hard. Ruth and Gehrig. Batman and Robin. I don't know. They're like the best combo in the history, maybe, of the world. Peanut butter and jelly. Chocolate and red wine. They're the best."
Chocolate and red wine? That's about the last comparison I'd ever expect from a major league manager. Chew and a spittoon, maybe. But chocolate and red wine?

You're all right in my book, Joe Maddon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home