Thursday, October 05, 2006

Retro Week: Urban legends be damned

What if the NaturalBlog had been around, say, 16 years ago -- what might I have been saying? These questions are answered, as Retro Week takes a trip to 1990, and slaps on the latest fashion trend.

I wish I were old enough to buy stock, because I would totally buy in to the maker of these slap bracelets.

Everybody has them. Have you ever seen anything so cool? I can't believe that they're three for $1. It defies logic.

I wonder what's inside this crazy multi-color neon fabric? Is it part of a Venetian blind? Is it something even more exotic -- like something else from Venetia?

I heard in school from this one kid that this other kid he knows who's in the 9th grade put one on and accidentally slit his wrist and had to go to the hospital. But I totally don't believe that. That's why I keep buying them.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once tried to make a slap bracelet out a blind, but it didn't work. Maybe that's because it was still hanging from the window. All the stupid boys also used to slap the girls in the butt with them and then tell you how some friend of theirs had a friend who bled to death after cutting an artery with a slap bracelet. I'd take that risk for fashion, though. Anyone know where to get one now?

October 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blue-Plush-Smiley-Face-Flower-Snap-Bracelet_W0QQitemZ260011313669QQihZ016QQcategoryZ92727QQcmdZViewItem

October 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a blue one and a purple one that had black smiley faces on it. The blue one's fabric wore away- the lethal metal was exposed. I got scared and switched to the purple one.

October 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to slap girls in the butt with my Swatch.

Something like that.

DJS

October 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home