Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It will never be this good again

The Red Sox are the World Series champs for the second time in four seasons. The Patriots are undefeated and make otherwise worthy NFL teams look like prep squads. Boston College is No. 2 in the nation. The Celtics are a sudden powerhouse in the East. And even the Bruins don't suck as much as everybody thought.

The only team that's lagging is the BU hockey squad, 0-4-1 on the year.

But even so, I recognize that this is the high water mark for sports in my entire life. It will never again be this good to be a sports fan in any city ever, and I need to remind myself to soak it in.

It's a sports orgy right now, prompting me to coin a new word: Sporgy.
You: N-B, I didn't know you invented new words.
Me: Sure enough. I've invented four or five in the two years the blog has been around. Click on that link down and to the left that says "New Words" to see the others.
You: Wow. You've thought of everything.
Me: I know.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Webster. Maybe the short one.

October 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh I love sporgies...can't believe I am missing it.

October 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home