Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Goulet, and goodnight.

I'm sorry if I'm the first to tell you that Robert Goulet has died at age 73 in a tragic wakeboarding accident. One fact in that sentence is wrong. I'll let you pick.

I've said in this space before how much I like Goulet, not only for his Red Sox fandom (he sang the national anthem on opening day this year) but for this hilarious nut ad.

What's a shame is that my enduring memory of Robert Goulet isn't even of Robert Goulet, but of Will Ferrell making fun of Robert Goulet. For posterity's sake, I post it here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a fan. I paid some of the few precious dollars I had in college to see him as Arthur in Camelot at the Wang, and he was stumbling-off-the-stage drunk. That is acceptable only in Act II.

October 31, 2007  
Blogger Erik Malinowski said...

Don't forget his memorable appearance on "The Simpsons".

Jingle bells, Batman smells,
Robin laid an egg;
The Batmobile lost its wheel,
And the Joker got away!

October 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will always fondly remember Goo-lay as the guest who would never leave during my stint on the FOX25 Morning News, when the show was in its infancy. He was interviewed for about 4 minutes...next thing I knew he was on the anchor desk for 10. Awesome.

October 31, 2007  
Blogger Sebastian Dangerfield said...

meredyth r:

You say that as if drinking on the job were a bad thing...

November 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home