Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Jobs I Wouldn't Have Minded

Sometimes I wonder if I were born 100, 200, 500 years ago what I would've done for a living.

If we're talking a century ago, I guess it's possible I could be doing my current jobs, as a liberal media mouthpiece for the East Coast elite.

Go back 250 years and it's more complicated. Had we invented glasses yet? If not, I'd be confined to a job that didn't require anything better than 20/400 vision.

If we went back 500 years, I'd like to imagine myself as a court jester, a story teller to kings and queens.

Go back far enough, and I'm pretty certain I wouldn't mistaken a wooly mammoth for a tree and been eaten by age 12.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend-

Had thou passed Philadelphia way my bifocals might have helped ye out.

-1758

December 02, 2008  
Blogger Lucie said...

Regarding your current job, yes, you are a true Marxist ! Paging Dr. Freud on that photo, though. Is that a prehistoric pimp ?

December 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home