Friday, March 31, 2006

Chass > Shaughnessy

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but it is undeniable now that I have become the type of guy who writes e-mails to sports columnists. This is behavior I find troubling, but I just can't help myself.

Most recently, the target of my venom was New York Times baseball writer Murray Chass, who uses his Sunday column to take a big crap on the Red Sox every two weeks or so. The offending column said the Sox were gambling by building a team with so many guys who played in the NL last year.

I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say I took exception to the paltry and scant facts he used to back his specious claim.

Ok. Another stupid Red Sox fan e-mails a maddening newspaper guy. No news there.

So imagine how surprised I was when he wrote back. And he was polite, to boot.

I was so happy, I wrote back to tell him I would keep reading his column, and that he was much better than that jerk Dan Shaughnessy, who's never had the courage to write me back.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe 'cuse there weren't any SATsters or 1st Year Law lines in the other one. Now if you can only leave "witty or pithy" comments for people asking you to RSVP to Lunch Club.

March 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe 'cuse there weren't any SATsters or 1st Year Law lines in the other one. Now if you can only leave "witty or pithy" comments for people asking you to RSVP to Lunch Club.

March 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home