Monday, June 12, 2006

Five-hour rain delay? Twarn't nuthin'

The first four hours of Saturday's rain delay at Fenway Park passed pretty quickly; it was the fifth hour that was a real killer.

But it was all worthwhile to find out that Red Sox rightfielder Trot Nixon is now using Johnny Cash music as his intro when he steps to the plate.

I got me thinking about what music I'd like to have, if I were a major leaguer. Of course, those of you who know me know that's ridiculous, because I'd clearly be a relief pitcher, and would therefore not have a need for batting music.

But I digress.

I would pick:
  • The Distance by Cake. Johnny Damon actually used this music for a while.
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2. Probably just the beginning part, though, since I'm not in the business of making political statements.
  • Or finally Party Up by DMX. No explanation needed.
How about you?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had this discussion with my friends when we were in Denver at a Cubs/Rockies series a couple of summers ago.

I could never decide, but my friend Luke's choice is great:

"Coming in the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins

June 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Prelude/Angry Young Man", of course.

June 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willie the Pimp by Frank Zappa

June 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would write my own. Just me singing into a tape recorder.

"Hey...its some guy...its my turn to bat. Hopefully I will get a hit...and then we will all cheer. Some guy...some guy...some guy...coming up to bat"

Of course sung horribly...and without music. People would HATE ME.

June 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home