Friday, June 09, 2006

Five years of complaints about fantasy baseball trades rolled up into one neat little blog posting

I'm pretty sure that most of the people I'm fixing to complain about don't read the blog. But if you think you recognize yourself, I invite -- no, dare -- you to present a reasoned defense.

Does almost every other fantasy baseball manager either think I am 1) a total freaking moron or b) trying to lose intentionally.

How else could you explain the recent offer of Milwaukee pitcher Doug Davis (2-2, 5.35 ERA, 1.76 WHIP at the time of the offer), for Jim Thome (.307, 13 HR, 32 RBI). Yeah, maybe if we were making the deal last season.

I know you don't want to make your best offer first, but c'mon man. That's so ridiculous that it's insulting.

Or how about a few years back, when a dude posted on the message board to say that he wanted to do a "major deal," only to dismiss me as though I were nuts for suggesting he trade A-Rod. Turns out he was looking for a great player without giving up anything in return. But he probably wouldn't have gotten many responses if he'd actually said that.

My favorite is probably from earlier this season, when I offered a top closer and a so-so shortstop for a top shortstop and a so-so reliver. The trade was rejected without comment over email, then the other manager posted on the message board telling me she wouldn't give up Miguel Tejada unless I could give her somebody who'd replace his 30 HRs and 120 RBIs. Yeah, I'll trade you homers for homers, and RBI for RBI. That makes a lot of sense.

Rant over. We'll be fantasy baseball free for another week or so.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home