Monday, August 07, 2006

Observed

Taken individually, each of these ideas was not strong enough to merit its own posting. But together, they are a clever troika of observational wit.

Next up: rehab.The NaturalBlog is officially putting the over/under on the start of David Hasselhoff's rehab stint at August 14th. It can only seem that we're nearing the endzone, now that he's too drunk to fly. Don't believe me: Witness it for yourself.

Baseball in hell. I think I got a little preview the other night of what it would be like to watch baseball in hell: The same game on different channels, each with a ridiculously bad broadcast team. It was a Cardinals-Cubs game. On WGN, which is bearable if the sound is down, we had Len Kasper and Bob Brenly, replacements because the old guys weren't big enough homers. Over on ESPN, it was two of my least favorite broadcasters anywhere, ESPN's A-Team of Chris Berman and Joe Morgan. The only thing that could possibly make this any worse would be if Rick Sutcliffe were hanging out in my living room, making inane comments with that false over-sincerity that makes me wanna barf.

New depths for the Garden State. I read that New Jersey is taking old subway cars and submerging them off the shore, to give fish and divers something to do. How very Jersey.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home