Friday, October 24, 2008

An open letter to the person(s) who stole my bike



Now that a few weeks have passed and my blinding rage has subsided, I am ready to address the person(s) who stole my silver-and-black Trek 7000 21-speed bike.

I will admit that it was foolish to leave the bike unattended on the porch. As the police officer at District-14 said, "It would be nice to think you could leave your belongings on your property unsecured, but that's not the world we live in."

As I have mulled this over again and again in my head, I keep coming back to the same question: Why did you steal the bike, but leave my helmet, which was hanging on the handlebars? Wouldn't it have been easier to take it as well? What made you take it off the bike and leave it so carefully on our outdoor furniture?

You went through all the trouble to sneak onto the porch in the middle of the day and make off with the bike -- don't you believe in basic bike safety? What if you were to get into an accident? You could have serious head trauma.

I can forgive you for stealing the bike, but not for being so cavalier with your health.

Please, person(s) who stole my bike, wear a helmet. It may be the best decision you ever make.

Signed,
NaturalBlog

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home