Friday, March 13, 2009

This is why we play

When I started this blog three-and-a-half (!) years ago, I did it because I thought the Internet needed a place to be a repository of the dumb things that occurred in my brain.

I figured that there were hundreds, if not thousands, of people who'd be thinking the same things and making the same jokes, that they'd find the blog, that we'd form an online community.

I've revised that figure to dozens, if not a dozen. But every once in a while there's a real diamond in the rough. Like the person who logged onto the blog a couple weeks back after googling "here comes the hotstepper jaap scheffer."

Sure enough, there was someone else out there who had thought that the former UN Secretary General's name sounded like the early '90s Ini Kamoze hit, a topic I covered in December 2007.

I know not who you are, great thinker, but I salute you nonetheless.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home