Saturday, January 28, 2006

I quintuple dog dare you


The razor wars threatened to really get bloody this week, when Gillette announced it would leapfrog the Schick Quattro, and go from three blades on the Mach series to five blades on its new Fusion razor. This is slightly reminscient of when the kid in A Christmas Story creates a "breach of protocol" by going right from the double dare to the triple dog dare, instead of offering the regular triple dare in between.

It also reminds me of this strangely prescient fake 2004 story in The Onion. (I don't know how many of you actually read the links, but you should with this one, at least to the line "You're taking the 'safety' part of 'safety razor' too literally, grandma.")

There's really no end in sight. I can only imagine the Schick people are already at work on the Quintippio or Nanododecahedron razor, the blades for which I assume will cost about $17 apiece.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The funniest thing about this post is that the brilliant guys at "The Onion" predicted it.

Also, I had to "research" Mr. CEO Kilts for a computer-aided reporting class I took at BU. I was supposed to find his home address and campaign contributions and important stuff like that, but why oh why did I not come across that Onion article? I think that would have scored me some bonus points.

January 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring back the blog

January 28, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home