Monday, May 08, 2006

I get older, they stay the same age


There are some things that are different about Big University (BU) since my final undergraduate class there (JO 437 Computer Assisted Reporting W 6-7:30) and the one I just finished (PH 658 Crime & Punishment W 2-5).

The elevator ride to the philosophy department no longer forces you to contemplate your own mortality the same way a Kierkegaard essay might. The crappy pasta place in the student union is now a crappy burrito place. And I actually did the reading in my class this time around.

I can report that one thing hasn't changed: I still procrastinate something awful.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why Ponce de Leon wasted all that time mucking around in Florida looking for the fountain of youth- he should have just hit his local university and watched attractive 18-22 year old girls in their large number and small clothing- 'tis the closest to the fountain of youth to which man can aspire.

May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ponce was just heading south. Girls have been dressing like that here since about three months ago.

May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was mucking around in Florida because, in a couple of centuries, girls would be dressing like that year-round.

May 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home