Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Umpires have funny names, I say

I'm sometimes struck by the silly names of major league baseball umpires. If I were going to put together a crew with the funniest names, I would choose:

Tim Timmons at first
Fieldin Culbreth at second
Kerwin Danley at third
and of course
Hunter Wendelstedt III calling balls and strikes.

And if it were a playoff game and there were two additional umpires down the left- and rightfield lines, I would pick Laz Diaz and CB Bucknor.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might put Hernandez down the left field line...then we'd have an Angel in the Outfield.

May 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/27/AR2006042701117.html?nav=rss_sports

If I begin my final final today and find some curveball bowshit, I'm going to throw my laptop at the proctor and say:

"Regrettably, in the heat of the competition my emotions got the better of me."

May 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home