Tuesday, December 26, 2006

News Update -- The irony is killing me edition

Who else was going to build it? A company that was building a border fence to keep illegal immigrants out of the U.S. got in trouble for -- wait for it -- using illegal immigrants to build said fence. I mean, I can't say I'm surprised, really. Comedian Carlos Mencia did a whole routine about this months ago. It was just a matter of time before it happened.

So much for his (relative) privacy. A guy wrote into The New York Times ethics column to ask whether he should formally come out of the closet to friends, even though he is a "relatively private person." Then he signed his actual name and hometown. I guess he killed two birds with one stone -- getting his answer from the ethicist, and coming out of the closet in one of the world's most widely read newspapers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home