Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Time Magazine Totally Cops Out

Well, you *and* your momYou probably heard that Time Magazine has selected this year's person of the year and that person is me. Well, me and you. Or just you. And everybody else. The magazine selected "You" as the person of the year. Something about the way you control the information age, I guess.

So it appears Stephen Colbert got his wish, kind of anyway. He has as much a claim to the award as you.

I think it's pretty clear Time couldn't decide, so just figured they'd punt this year.

Of course it's easy to complain when you don't have to pick one yourself. I've narrowed my list to three. I proudly present the NaturalBlog Person of the Year finalists:

What, no Kim Jong Il?
Suri Cruise. This year's most awaited arrival.

Lindsay Lohan. Rehab at 20. Fifteen days sober!

The Hoff. He's soared to great heights and sunk to great lows this year. How could he not be a finalist?
Hard to argue with those finalists, but somehow I feel shallow for not offering a more substantive choice. In fact, the more I think about it, the more clear it is who the winner should be.

Please don't muss your hair, batman
I mean, think about it, in the last year George Clooney won an Oscar, was People's sexiest man, and even had some time to help out the U.N. in Darfur. Plus, he did all these things with great hair. I'm kind of disappointed Time didn't give him his due.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Suri's mom? She made it out of the Cruise/Hubbard basement alive and only slightly brainwashed, so it seems.

December 19, 2006  
Blogger Cedar said...

LAME! I visited the Time website to vote who I thought should win and lemme tell you, "You" was not an option two weeks ago. Altho I do like the idea of "you" with in explanation. Yeah, it's about time I got recognized.

I wonder if Dr McDreamy from Gray's Anatomy was crushed that he wasn't sexiest man of the year. He know he was all, "If it's ever gonna happen, it's gonna be this year!"

December 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to the first woman Speaker of the House ? That damn liberal media.

December 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home