Saturday, January 06, 2007

Mid 60s? It hasn't been this warm on an Opening Day in ages.

I spent the afternoon -- in shortsleeves, mind you -- smoking a cigar and drinking an ice cold beer on the porch.

Sixty-five degrees in Boston. In January. What would Al Gore say?

I wrote last year about global warming's closing argument. This must be its post-verdict celebration.

It's fun to enjoy, as long as I don't think about my new skis gathering dust in the basement, along side Mrs. NB's still-unused $200 bootwarmers.

I wonder -- can my Solomon's double as water skis?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good golly, miss molly- it be warm as a mother out there today.

January 06, 2007  
Blogger Doug Shugarts said...

I spent part of today 'running errands' in the East Fenway area.

I will gladly accept a few degrees of global warming if in January I can see girls bouncing and quivering their way down Boylston in their finest June attire.

DJS

January 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent the weekend at Jay Peak and can testify that global warming is here to stay. There was no snow...I repeat no snow. It's depressing.

January 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say bring your Solomon's up, along with a few good cigars and some interesting board games, and we can let our equipment hang out together and mock us while we sip port and reminisce about the good old days when snow fell from the sky this time of year. Maybe a few turns on some bullet proof machine made snow, rained on at some point in the past week, is in order, but the boot warmers are out of a job for sure. Just like our unemployed snowmobiles. The Brewery becons, ski fans.

January 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

70 degrees in NYC. Finally! east-coast mentality meets west-coast climate perks...

January 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think this is an argument for getting my money back?

January 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home