Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Danica schills for junk, trunks

When I think luggage, I think of IRL racing. At least I do now, after I noticed racecar driver Danica Patrick does Samsonite ads. She also has deals with Peak antifreeze and helmets made by Bell.

And let's not forget her turn as a spokesmodel for the questionable Internet domain clearinghouse GoDaddy. Fox pulled it from the Super Bowl because it was too risque. (Risque or just stupid? You can decide for yourself.)

I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon that says Patrick won't be a good racer until she wins a race. She finished 7th in points in the Indy Car circuit last year, with a second place finish and two third-places.

But I do wonder why on earth she's picking these products to endorse? Isn't there something classier she can schill for? Somebody get her in touch with Peyton Manning's agent.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Doug Shugarts said...

To shill or not to Schill.

I can tell Opening Day is just around the corner. Or maybe that misspelled word was some kind of, er, Freudian slip? Perhaps an idee fixe on #38?

You bloggers are all the same.

February 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Samsonite! I was way off.

February 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think her and I need to discuss her endorsement plans.

While not wearing pants.

zumbswrw

February 26, 2008  
Blogger nate said...

I vote, stupid. you can take the girl out of Rockton..

February 26, 2008  
Blogger Sebastian Dangerfield said...

Female Driver

February 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home