Thursday, March 06, 2008

Get me Merriam. ... Then wake him!

A friend suggested a trademark a word I came up with after my trip to Barcelona with Mrs. N-B, but I don't know how to trademark anything. Instead, I'll write about it here, so at least it's on the record as my own.

The word (phrase, really) describes someone's ability to communicate in another language. While I'm far far away from being able to speak fluent Spanish, I can definitely speak...

Transactional Spanish

I can buy stuff, get a recommendation from a waiter, exchange a ticket I bought for the wrong day, and even explain that I want a wake-up call. I do all of this haltingly, with bad grammar.

There ya go. Another new word. Read the others here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucie said...

Como ce dice I don't really know how to speak Spanish ? Bueno !

Lucie (formerly Holy Moses)

March 06, 2008  
Blogger Jerry Zezima said...

Cerveza fria, por favor. (That's all you really need to know.)

March 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home