Monday, November 03, 2008

Leap forward? I prefer to fall back.

Fact: People love to get an extra hour of sleep when daylight savings time ends, as it did yesterday.

Fact: Every four years we end up with so many extra hours we make a whole day out of them, as we did in February.

Idea: Instead of piling up those extra hours (six of them per year), let's roll back our clocks one hour every two months. It gives people a 49-hour weekend six times a year and eliminates the bizarre practice of leap day.

I know what you're thinking: Within two years we would have rolled ourselves so far back we'd be nocturnal. Well, I already work in the middle of the night, so that's not really a concern for me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Zezima said...

Good morning, Dave. Or good afternoon. Or good night. Now I'm all confused. I do know, however, that it's a special day. Happy anniversary to you and Mrs. NB.

November 03, 2008  
Blogger Rachel said...

What about the people who were born on Feb. 29? Are we just going to eliminate their birthdays altogether? I mean, they only get to have one every for years the way it is...

November 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we get a Flava Flav clock?

November 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home