Thursday, June 22, 2006

Jobs I Wouldn't Mind, Vol. III

I sure love to see baseball games (I love them so much, I paid $6.50 for a beer at Fenway last night), so in my third installment of "Jobs I Wouldn't Mind," I suggest a profession on the fringe of the major leagues: Bullpen catcher.

For those who don't know, this is the guy who travels with a major league team, dresses in a uniform, and warms up relief pitchers in the bullpen. He's not on the roster, but the casual fan probably doesn't realize.

The perks: I'd get to see all every Red Sox game, I'd get to hang out with Jonathan Papelbon and that huge fat bullpen cop at Fenway, and I'd only have to work about 90 minutes a day, for less than half the year.

The drawbacks: There's lots of travel, I'd have to work in the rain sometimes, and there'd just be a constant parade of girls throwing themselves at me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home