Tuesday, June 27, 2006

NYT Magazine: The Pin-ups

Am I alone in feeling more than a little creepy for looking at the New York Times's treatment of a half-dozen Russian tennis starlets in this week's magazine?

I think there's a "butterface" joke to be made here, though "butterthighs" might be more appropriate.

So what did the Daughters of Kournikova have to say?

Let's ask 78th ranked Vera Zvonareva, at right in a Prada visor and belt by Givenchy: "I admire Andre Agassi for how he changed tennis. He brought fashion to the court and changed his style throughout the years.... I would love to design some fancy dresses in bright colors, but I really don’t know how to do it."

I take some solace in the proof that American athletes do not have the market on vapidity cornered.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Am I alone in feeling more than a little creepy for looking at the New York Times's treatment of a half-dozen Russian tennis starlets in this week's magazine?"

That would be "yes".

June 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that She-Ra was able to find work after the unceremonious cancellation of her series. Good for her.

June 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vera looks like Xena's/Lucy Lawless's
kid sis.

June 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, butterface is not the preferred nomenclature. Pillowcase girl, please.

June 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home