Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Retro Week: That's a tasty burger

NaturalBlog's tastes have changed over the years. What if this blog had been around 22 years ago -- what delicious fast food items might have earned my praise?

Goodbye, McRib. Hello, McDLT!

I can't even explain how excited I am that there's a new sandwich at McDonald's that keeps the hot side hot and the cold side cold. I ordered one the other day and could see how skeptical my Uncle Eddie was that I'd be able to finish it. I showed him. He even said later, "You did a pretty good job on that burger." Yeah, I did.

I like the ads, too. That guy singing about the sandwich is pretty funny. I bet he'll really be somebody.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, McDonald's from the 80s-- One of the highlights of staying at my grandparents' house every weekend. My older brothers would tear themselves away from Nintendo games like Double Dribble or Blades of Steel to eat their usuals. Clutching my greasy happy meal toy, I would think about how silly my brother Ben was for buying into the McDLT gimmick each week...

October 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, the mcdlt. second only to the chinese chicken mcnuggets. that's how i learned how to eat with chopsticks.

October 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the early 80's around the time you went to Disney World with your Ohio cousins, they had been to the Madeira Beach McDonald's near the bridge over to the Gulf. That McDonald's was being used as a test market for a finger food made of breaded deep-fried chicken pieces with your choice of dipping sauce. They had Chicken McNuggets long before they were on the menu in Ohio.
Uncle Eddie

October 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home