Friday, October 05, 2007

Oh October, I'd forgotten your spoils


It's not easy working first shift during playoff season.

Wednesday night's ALDS opener (Red Sox 4, Angels 0) was as good as it will get: 6:30 p.m. start time and a game that last just two hours, 27 minutes. Thanks, Josh. I was asleep by 10, a feat that shan't likely be repeated as long as the Sox continue playing in October.

The Sox may be able to dispatch the Angels in under three hours, but if they're fortunate enough to advance to the pennant series but unfortunate enough to draw the Yankees, I expect those games to average about six hours.

Throw in the fact that Fox will schedule the games to start at 9:15, and I'll be able to sneak in a half-hour nap between the last pitch and my alarm going off. I fullheartedly embrace this bleary fall.

But I'm getting ahead of myself -- first the Sox must top the Angels.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Zezima said...

It'll be a Sox-Rox World Series. And you won't get any sleep until Halloween.

October 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you might not want to worry about the Yankees too much. Give Grady some love!

October 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are driving sleep deprived? Good thing I don't live there.

October 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home