Monday, February 11, 2008

The offseason can't end fast enough

I had nothing to say when Roger Clemens taped a phone conversation with his former trainer Brian McNamee and played it for the press.

I had nothing to say when Brian McNamee claimed he saved DNA evidence linking Clemens to steroids and HGH.

But I am no longer able to stay quiet about this theater of the absurd, not now that McNamee says that Clemens had him inject Mrs. Debbie Clemens with HGH prior to a Sports Illustrated photo shoot.

I'm sorry. What?

If you wrote this into a screenplay, it would be rejected as too far fetched. I have gone to great pains not to take any glee in Roger's troubles, because it's just a matter of time before a player I like is in this same steroid spotlight. But this is just too rich.

If this is true, which it can't possibly be, I would have loved to have been there for the conversation where Roger asked his wife to do this. It must've been like that cell phone ad they did -- Honey, just say the word and you don't have to do it.

Pitchers and catchers report Thursday. It can't happen quickly enough.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Zezima said...

Looks like she got two shots.

February 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evidently silicone is not a banned substance.

February 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home