Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Retro Week: I'll take the physical challenge

Always a devotee of game shows, NaturalBlog enjoyed watching Double Dare after school. Had blogging been around in 1986, here are some thoughts I might've shared.

I'm pretty sure that if I was ever picked to go on Double Dare, my parents would make me take my sister as my partner. Well, not make me, but just make me feel guilty if I didn't.

Of course, I'd rather take my friend Adam Peggs, who would definitely give me a leg up during the physical challenges. I'd take the trivia, he'd take the sliding through all that goop. I don't really like to get dirty, so it's a good match.

Double Dare is a pretty good show, but I'm disappointed that Danger Mouse disappeared from Nickelodeon as soon as Marc Summers showed up. I wonder -- did Marc kill DM, the way Greenback never could?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I loved Double Dare. I remember thinking that Marc Summers was the coolest thing ever. Then I recently saw him on some show on the Food Network, and I was sort of surprised that he was still alive. I'm not sure why, other than everyone seems really old when you're 6 and Double Dare seems like a really, really long time ago. Glad he's still up and kickin'.

October 10, 2007  
Blogger nate said...

i always wanted his hairdo.

October 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought Harvey the bearded announcer guy in a T-shirt was pretty cool.
http://www.geocities.com/doubledareweb/harvey.html

October 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home