Friday, October 12, 2007

Retro Week is the Decider

Gimmicks collide when Retro Week and my occasional political series You are the Decider mark the beginning of a beautiful friendship. If the NaturalBlog existed in 1992, what sort of political commentary may have followed?

If I could vote, which I won't be able to do until the next presidential election, I might want to cast my lot with Ross Perot and Admiral James Stockdale. Those two guys are a riot.

I laughed so hard when Stockdale said at the debate that he had his hearing aid off. I actually didn't mind the "Who am I, why am here?" thing, and his gridlock joke was hilarious.

Who would've thought somebody at a vice presidential debate could make me laugh harder than Dan Quayle?

Speaking of that debate, I'm going to keep my eye on that Al Gore guy. His tireless efforts as a Senator will one day make blogging possible.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic SNL skit, Phil Hartman as Jim Stockdale, Dana Carvey as Ross Perot drives into the countryside trying to get rid of Stockdale. Stockdale is screaming gridlock and who am I for no particular reason.

Perot kicks him out of the car and takes off, still can't get rid of him, Stockdale chases the car and latches on. Priceless.

October 13, 2007  
Blogger NaturalBlog said...

I remember that sketch well -- it was when I learned what "tenacious" meant, after Carvey-as-Perot referred to Hartman-as-Stockdale as "tenacious with a capital T."

October 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home