Thursday, October 11, 2007

Retro Week: It's yo time

Retro Week fans will remember I was something of a nerd. I'll do nothing to dispel that notion in today's blast from the past, all the way from 1990, with a look at the up and down history of a fun hobby. What might I have written about the yo-yo, had I been blogging 17 years ago?

I'm prepared to say that of all the kids in my grade, I'm the best one when it comes to yo-yo. I mean, I can walk the dog, skin the cat, even build the Eiffel Tower.

I guess I have something of an unfair advantage over everyone -- I've been yo-yoing since I was a kid. When I was so short the yo-yo hit the ground, I stood on my dad's office chair to get some extra height.

I'm thinking about going pro. I think there's a lot of money in it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you mean you actually yo-yoed in public?

October 11, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I could never do any of these. You are much cooler than I.

October 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home